Thinking of updating your AVG software? Here, we list the innovative features offered by the provider, and discuss why AVG is the security software of choice for thousands of businesses here in the UK and abroad.
• Antivirus software is designed to stop, remove and prevent the spreading of digital viruses, worms and Trojans that could damage your data and your systems irreparably.
• Anti-malware protects you from unwanted malware on your PC or laptop, and helps identify anything that’s already been infected.
• AVG’s Anti-Rootkit helps fight severe hidden threats. More information on legitimate rootkit applications can be found here.
• Email scanners will find infected or rogue inbound attachments that could, if opened, damage your system. Most email scanners, including those from AVG, work as a plug-in for email clients such as Microsoft Outlook® or as a scanner of POP3, SMTP and IMAP accounts.
• Protective Cloud Technology scans the cloud for emerging threats. This process takes place via automatic updates to your antivirus software.
• AVG’s Community Protection Network works on the premise that if one member encounters a threat, protection can be developed and rolled out to everyone.
• AVG LinkScanner® stops you from landing on infected or criminal websites. If it detects anything suspicious or untoward, this smart tool will warn you not to proceed.
You can now rest assured that AVG is working to scan and check all of the links that are exchanged via popular social networks such as Facebook® and Twitter® to eliminate threats from these sources.
AVG Online Shield™ will check files before you download them to make sure they are safe and free from viruses or malware. It protects you when you exchange files using MSN, Yahoo! and ICQ.
Real-Time Outbreak Detection Uses advanced artificial intelligence on your PC to proactively identify malware samples that haven’t yet been catalogued by our AVG ThreatLabs team. AI Detection is being constantly trained through telemetry data from our users.